Climate Change & Digitalisation
Most of the 52,000 ships world wide will still be in operation in 2030. Energy Efficiency is therefore a key to meet the IMO’s 2030 ambition as well as a fundamental shift in fuel.
The transition to carbon neutral shipping is a long-term effort and a variety of operational and asset investment strategies need to be considered and there will be market opportunities as well as threats in decarbonisation of shipping – Some will win and some will loose! Complex choices lie ahead in navigating this change – and every company should have their unique climate change strategy and roadmap.
- Energy efficiency is a foundation regardless of strategy and technology and can only be achieved with
- Easy access to performance data of high quality
- Organisation capabilities and processes to analyse performance data and make fact based decisions
- Effective implementation of decisions
- Access to high quality performance data is also a must for transparency towards charterers, governments, financers, and others
Contact us to learn more of how we can assist with energy efficiency and decarbonisation!
Covid-19 has been a catalyst to remote operations. Suddenly, audits, inspections, commissioning and trouble shooting had to be done from remote. It works, but the processes and technologies are not streamlined for efficient and effective remote operations and may add additional burden to the ever growing administration tasks.
Technology is a fundamental enabler for the digital transformation, but the transition has to be managed and implemented by people. Each company has to set their own ambition, decide which problems to solve, the best solutions and ensure successful implementation.
Contact us to learn more of how we can assist with the digital transformation!